Shalaka offers a wide range of hardware & software solutions for automotive telematics, including car’s remote diagnostics and monitoring tools, automated emergency call and roadside assistance (eCall, ERA GLONASS), telematics units (TUs), engine control units (ECUs), fleet management, Internet of Things (IoT), and more. We help process the sensor data and perform data analytics, business intelligence and data visualisation.
Our engineering team is working alongside many experts to develop design telematic systems to be launched globally.
Benefits of working with Shalaka:
- 15 years of experience in developing sophisticated infotainment systems for the world-leading automakers
- In-house R&D lab that has developed award-winning product platforms
- Strong cross-company competencies, including IoT, Big Data, cloud, mobility and more
- Shalaka’s unique expertise in eCall / ERA GLONASS emergency response system
Shalaka provides full-cycle automotive-grade embedded hardware & software development and integration service. We offer a holistic approach to creating a digital experience in a car that encompasses in-vehicle systems, brought-in smart devices, and the cloud. Offers years of in-depth knowledge in all aspects of in-vehicle software engineering, with a focus on the following main areas:
- In-Vehicle Infotainment
- Head Units
- Digital Instrument Clusters
- Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) systems
- Driver and passenger multimedia and entertainment
- NDS mapping
- Routing and guidance solutions
- Car remote diagnostics
- Monitoring tools
- Automated emergency call and roadside assistance (eCall, ERA GLONASS)
- Wired and wireless technologies
- Smartphone integration
- Embedded Blink browser
- Integration with Internet of Things
- ADAS Integration
- Computer Vision engine
- Augmented Reality
The OBD (On-Board Diagnostic) connector is a hard-wired communication link to the ECU (Electronic Control Unit) for the connected car industry only, through which is allowed access to read and reset a vehicle’s fault codes. In today’s vehicles, there are more various onboard computer modules, dedicated to different tasks throughout the vehicle. Also, the access to that different diagnostic information of the modules is via the diagnostic connector. In most vehicles, there is only one OBD-II connector in the vehicle through which all systems can be diagnosed and programmed.
We provide services in Telematics alongside automotive electronics.
We offer more than just in-car Wi-Fi and offer the following features:
- Built-in GSM, GPS & G-force sensors
- Vehicle location, status and condition (alerts, reporting & recording)
- Driver behaviour (analytics, scoring, alerts & reporting)
- Driver & vehicle health alerts
- OBD Level 1 & Level 2 Diagnostics
- Remote vehicle diagnostics
- Online consultation with service technicians
- Social platforms & smartphone apps
- On-board Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Audio streaming
- Live vehicle tracking
- E-Zones – alerts when entering or leaving user define areas such as work/home
- Security alerts – notification when car starts or is moving
- Recorded journeys with playback
- Driver behaviour & fuel efficiency
- Vehicle status and health reports
- DPF regen due in X miles, etc.
- Vehicle status alerts
- DTCs, battery voltage, seat belts use, etc.
- Service information
- Driver smartphone apps
- Driver feedback (driving style, behaviour and fuel efficiency)
ADAS & Autonomous Driving
Shalaka’s Computer Vision and Augmented Reality solution is a combination of software framework and engineering services. The software framework is optimized for embedded hardware that helps implement a wide range of in-car Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving functionality quickly and cost-efficiently.
Incorporating artificial intelligence, pattern recognition, image processing, real-time signal processing and more, the feature-rich and robust solution encompasses augmented navigation, advanced parking assistance and adaptive cruise control, driver infographics and lane-keeping, driver health monitoring, support of low visibility mode and autonomous driving. The framework augments drivers’ visual reality with supplementary objects in real-time and works with various output devices such as head unit displays, digital clusters, head-up and optical head-mounted displays.
Quality Assurance (QA) Services
Quality is critical in the automotive sector; therefore, Shalaka is committed to quality.
Shalaka uses and applies the Automotive Process Assessment Model for software process capabilities. We have an independent test team and test laboratories where we conduct our research and perform manual and automated testing for every module, system, and solution we develop for our partners. Shalaka also tests products developed by our partners. The testing of the third-party automotive technology algorithms, modules, and systems is one of the most valuable elements of Shalaka’s services for the automotive sector.
Performance testing and hardware/software optimization is standard validation services, along with the design and development of background diagnostics and runtime modules such as POST. Shalaka provides premium vehicle hardware support and testing for our hardware designs.
Shalaka has established comprehensive, automated test standards for most vehicle platforms and technologies and our test laboratories are equipped with the most advanced optimizers, CAN simulators, Bluetooth sniffers, signal analyzers and other test units required for successful testing of complex automotive solutions. It is our investment in the safety and quality of automotive technologies.